THERE IS NO SERIES REGISTRATION – ONLY AMA CARD AND EVENT ENTRY REQUIRED TO BE SCORED FOR SERIES
The following releases must be printed in color. If you cannot print in color, please call AMA Organizer Services at (614) 856-1900
WELCOME TO THE 2018 AMA NATIONAL HARE AND HOUND CHAMPIONSHIP! You are in for the ride of your life!
Before you line up on the start there are a few things that you need to get started!!!
[ Cliff Notes: Things you will need.]
1. Motorcycle or ATV that meets requirements below. 45 mile gas range minimum. Spark Arrestor and Local State Registration.
2. AMA Membership at the links above and available at the event.
3. Transponder available at event for $5 - D37, MRAN, AMRA, National Enduro Compatible
4. Request Rider Number - www.moto-tally.com/nhha/SeriesRegistration.aspx
5. Entry - www.moto-tally.com/nhha/preentry.aspx
6. PRO CLASS REQUEST - Pro AA, Pro 250, Pro ATV - email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
For MORE questions, suggestions or comments please call 760-464-9444
FIRST – You will need a motorcycle. Hopefully at this point you already have one.
The Motorcycle must pass several requirements before it is able to be used as a race bike
It MUST have – USFS Approved Spark Arrestor and Green/Red or Out of State Registration (Or License Plate)
All motorcycles are also subject to 96db Sound Tests. However, not all motorcycles are tested the same at every event but be prepared!
ATV’s need to meet the same requirements.
– If you DO NOT have an assigned local racing number or Earned National Number you will be assigned a National Temporary Number for $10 at sign up.
– AVIK Graphics is the official graphics provider – all NHHA riders receive 25% Discount – Promo code: NHHA15 – www.rideavik.com/nhha
EXTRA’S – In AMA Rules the distance between gas stops can be no greater then 50 miles… so you will want a Large Capacity Gas tank.
– Large Capacity Gas Tank – 2.9-3.5 Gallons or more
– Extra Protection – Skid Plate, Shark Fin (Brake Rotor Guard), Reinforced Chain Guide, Pipe Guard
– Hand Guards – for all the bushes and flying rocks
– 18″ rear Rim – For taller side wall tires to prevent flats
PITS – You Must have a Pit Mat in your Pits to pour gas over. Cardboard, Carpet, Rubber… anything that absorbs liquid. 3ft x 5ft recommended.
Beyond that you can add all the bling and protection to your bike that you want!
–The Motor must stay the Same BORE (CC) unless the head is otherwise stamped to be considered legal under AMA Rules.
SECOND – You will need to know what you’re getting into!
– Watch a few video’s in our Media Section to see what kind of terrain, riding and distance you are signing up for.
– Rocks, Valleys, Waterfalls, Whoops, Dust, Mud, Mountains, Canyons… everything the desert has to offer – RAIN OR SHINE
2017 AMA KENDA SRT National Hare & Hound Series Round 05 –
THIRD – You need to choose a class!
– If you have never raced with the AMA or the National Hare and Hound series before you will begin in the “C” class and earn your way to “A”.
– If you have raced with the AMA. the National Hare and Hound series or ANY other “Like Series” before you will enter in the class you have earned.
– There are 37 Classes for all ages, all skills and all size motorcycles.
FOURTH – You will need to become familiar with all the Rules.
2018 RULES POSTED SOON
FINALLY – Check out the Schedule and GET OUT TO THE RACES!
– There are 10 Rounds for 2017, from California to Utah, New Mexico, Nevada and Idaho!